- I have nothing to hide.
- I have not, nor will I ever, do anything wrong.
- I have not, nor will I ever, do anything wrong, as defined by the government.
- I have only ever done, and only ever will do, things defined as right by the government.
By stating that you "have nothing to hide", you are admitting your behaviour is constrained by the someone else's arbitrary definition of "wrong." Maybe you're fine with that, but ask yourself two questions:
- Do you really know what's defined as "wrong"?
- Could the meaning of "wrong" ever change?